Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Work in Progress

Many ballparks have started to have all you can eat sections. Just a dedicated section of seats where you pay a set price and get all of the pop and food you can handle. I have heard that some places include beer in their deal, but I am too lazy to look it up and confirm that it is true.

This is a good idea, but I would like to suggest a new section. This idea was hammered out while sitting in the outfield upperdeck of the Jake (Progressive Field) watching the Yankees and Tribe in a pitchers dual on Kids Day. As it goes there were a few frustrating calls and when wanting to air our frustrations we had to watch ourselves as to not offend the parents of the kiddies sitting around us (cause we are good people).

The simple solution would be an adult only section where we can, as the Jewzo said, "act our age". Stick the section in the far reaches of the upper deck and let us get silly drunk and yell obscenities with reckless abandon. There always seems to be that guy at the games who ends up doing it anyhow, so why not give him a place to do it with other people who wholly approve of these kind of actions.




(this is a picture of the Jake, I don't care what the sign on the outside says)

There were obviously countless other ideas thrown out on how to make this the ultimate baseball viewing experience (seriously, imagine 5 guys in their mid 20s discussing an adults only section, that should give you the picture), but after a weekend of non-stop drinking I can't remember many (any) of them. I guess I should have paid more attention to the idea. So, like the title says this is a work in progress, I just thought I would post it before I forgot about it.

No comments: