Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tribe Coverage

First things first ... lose Borowski. Please. I am begging you. Mr. Shapiro get us a new closer.

I managed to catch a little of the Tribe game last night on both ESPN and STO. I have always like the announcers on STO so when presented with the option 10 times out of 10 I will watch the game there over ESPN. But last night during some channel surfing I noticed that game was also on ESPN and the picture was much brighter and crisper so I decided to stop on the channel and watch for awhile.

Here is the thing, if I were blind and did not know that the Red Sox were playing the Tribe I would not have even known the Indians were in the game. All the ESPN announcers would talk about was Yankees/Red Sox. Oh, I guess they occasionally mentioned who was at bat for the Tribe.

I really can't say how long this went on, maybe I tuned in for the brief part of the game where they (ESPN) were doing their nightly pimping of any Boston/New York rivalry. If the rest of the game continued like that I am not sure how any Cleveland fan could watch the game with out the TV being on mute. All I know is that it was enough to send me running back to STO to watch JoBo blow the game (needless to say ... again).

1 comment:

Dennymayo said...

Can't say anything about STO's coverage, but ESPN had a good interview with Shapiro during the 5th inning a think. Turned the game off to watch John Adams in the mid-5th and when I came back Jobo had just fucked everything up.

ESPN did bring up a good point while openly blowing Papelbon on the air - there's a huge discrepancy between a closer that hits 96/97 on the fastball and a pitcher that hits 86/85. Especially after having the Rafael's throw prior to Jobo.

My mom could close games better than Jobo.