Friday, November 2, 2007

Dumbest thing I heard last weekend.

Trust me watching the game with 9 Penn State fans made this a pretty difficult choice.

From a Michigan State fan none the less.

“You better hope Ohio State loses a game here shortly so they are not embarrassed in the national championship again.”

Why should I hope Ohio State loses a game before the end of the year? Did it suck sitting in Pink Taco stadium last year watching Florida wipe the field with us? Yes. Would I rather sit in Ohio Stadium and watch the Bucks lose to Illinois, Wisconsin, or god forbid watch them fall to UM in the big house? A resounding Hell No!

Just because MSU had not been to the Rose Bowl since 1988 or won a Big Ten title since 1990 that is no reason to think that Ohio State fans would be happier watching their team win the Capital One Bowl than competing for the national championship.

I know it must be tough watching a team that self destructs ever year in the 5th or 6th week of the season, but to think I would rather have my team finish 11-1 without a shot at the national title is ludicrous.

Maybe Ohio State is over rated and maybe the Big Ten sucks. Maybe LSU, BC, or ASU would beat OSU by 14 points 9 out of 10 times (I don’t believe this is the case, but for the sake of argument) but there would be that one time. Look what the 2002 team did; no one believed they had a chance against a far superior Miami team.

That is why they play the games.



GO BUCKS!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Trust me watching the game with 9 Penn State fans made this a pretty difficult choice".

- Too bad Penn State fans can't all be as smart as you.