Monday, July 7, 2008

Random Thoughts

C.C. is gone from the Tribe. Maybe it is an elaborate plan to get some prospects and then sign him back at the end of the year? No? Too bad.

Rafa Nadal vs. Roger Federer was the greatest tennis match I have ever watched. I don't normally enjoy tennis but I stuck with it through both rain delays to see what would happen. That kind of rivalry is exactly what tennis needs.

The U.S. Olympic Trials have me pretty fired up about the Beijing Olympics. I may not be a fan of all those sports but there is something about watching the best in the world compete that makes me sit down and watch.

Along those same lines Le Tour de France is underway. With most of the big names and teams out for (suspected) drugging it should be a very open and competitive tour. Le Tour has also tweaked the format (no opening time trial, no team time trial) and the rules (no time bonuses) to make things a little more interesting. I am a fan of the lack of time bonuses, now the riders times will truly reflect their time on the road.


College Football is only 52 days away!!

No comments: